What to Expect
Our goal is to make the program easy for parents and their birthing professionals.
Here is an overview of the program.
More detail is available upon request: firstname.lastname@example.org
STEP 1: PRIOR TO THE 36th WEEK OF PREGNANCY
- Both parents must complete and submit the registration forms and a medical questionnaire. This will be reviewed by our medical team.
STEP 2: ACCEPTED PARENTS:
- You will be asked to confirm that your midwife/physician is willing to collect the cord blood free of charge (Most will do this).
- Our staff will answer any questions about the program and the terms of the informed consent agreement with you. This can be done by phone or in person.
- Our staff will help you to receive your cord blood collection kit prior to birth.
STEP 3: COLLECTION:
- Take the collection kit to your baby’s birth and remind your health care professionals that you are donating the cord blood to a public bank.
- After the cord blood is collected and packaged, our driver will pick it up from your hospital bedside.
STEP 4: LABORATORY:
- When the cord blood is received, it will be inspected. Selected samples will be processed, tissue typed, frozen and stored for medical use. Other samples will be dedicated to much-needed research and/or discarded.
- Our staff will contact you by email or phone three months later to gather information about the health of mother and child. No further contact is required after this time. If, in the future, your child’s health changes due to hereditary conditions, please contact us to let us know.